How to synchronize your Getsocio subscription list with MailChimp
- Visit MailChimp website and create a new account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill in all the needed information and then choose your mailing plan. MailChimp has different mailing plans with monthly fees and also offers its services free of charge for those users, who send less than 12000 emails monthly and store up to 2000 subscribers.
- When in MailChimp dashboard go to Lists and create a new list with the name "getsocio" (starting with the small letter and without quotations).
- Then go to Account -> Extras and look for API Keys & Authorized Apps. Copy the API Key you have there or create one by pressing "add key" button if there are none.
- Go back to your Getsocio site and paste the API Key into MailChimp block on the Settings page of Admin section.
- Now wait for 5 minutes to see your Getsocio subscription list synchronized with MailChimp. From now on the subscription lists will be updated automatically back and forth when a new subscription is being added or deleted.
- The parent-child relations for locations and categories are recognized by MailChimp, so the subscribers will not be getting same emails twice. But to keep it like that you should not change the names of locations and categories (which will be "groups") on the MailChimp side. Such changes should be made on the Getsocio side only.
Note: To fight spam Getsocio forbids emails bulk upload and everyone should opt-in/subscribe manually. So the subscriptions uploaded in bulk to MailChimp will not be imported to your Getsocio site. The synchronization works one-way only: e-mails from your Getsocio account will be added to your MailChimp list.
Tip: If you have e-mail addresses that you would like to turn to subscriptions at your website, you can run an invitational campaign with MailChimp encouraging the recipients to subscribe to your daily deal site.